CANTON, OHIO — Artifacts from the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s newest class of shrines are on display in the latest iteration of the Hall’s “Class Locker Exhibit.” The exhibit, located in the museum’s Interactive Zone, features special artifacts that help tell the stories of the Class of 2022, from their first experiences with the game to their enshrinement in Canton.
This year’s entrenchment class includes six players, a coach, and a contributor: TONY BOSELLI, CLIFF BRANCH, LeROY BUTLER, ART McNALLY, SAM MILLS, RICHARD SEYMOUR, DICK VERMEIL and BRYANT YOUNG.
Among the artifacts on display are a variety of items ranging from footballs, jerseys and helmets to awards, game manuals and photographs.
Here is a sampling of the items on display in the new exhibition:
- Helmets and jerseys from the Boselli era with Jacksonville and USC
- Boselli’s Ed Block Courage Award
- Ball autographed by all original Jaguars signatories
- Autographed photo of Branch alongside longtime friend and Raiders owner Mark Davis
- Branch’s Raiders golf cap, shoes, towel and wristband
- Football and collectible cards Branch offered to his nephew
- Super Bowl XXXI game ball and pylon
- Butler’s jersey, pants and helmet from his time with the Packers
- Butler’s High School Helmet
- Official Super Bowl I Jacket
- 1997 NFL Competition Committee Report which includes the reintroduction of Instant Replay
- NFL Rule Book 1959
- “Dome Patrol” custom jacket and pants
- 1983 Philadelphia Stars game ball of the United States Football League. (Mills helped the Stars win back-to-back USFL championships in 1984 and 1985)
- “Keep Pounding” bracelet from Mills’ campaign to fight cancer
- Seymour New England Patriots XXXVIII Jersey
- Oakland Raiders 2011 Laminated Game Sheet
- Seymour’s personal diary
- 1969 Los Angeles Rams Special Teams Booklet of the Season Vermeil became the NFL’s first special teams coach
- Coach jersey of the Aigles de Vermeil
- Photo of Vermeil at the 1976 Rose Bowl, where his UCLA Bruins defeated a No. 1-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes
- Super Bowl XXIX ball awarded to Young
- A “Warriors” coffee table book depicting Young’s leg after surgery
- Authentic newspaper article “Comeback Player of the Year”
Other additions to the museum
Additionally, the Pro Football Hall of Fame has made two notable additions to the museum in recent weeks.
The Vince Lombardi 2023 Super Bowl trophy was displayed by the Hall of Fame coach JIMMY JOHNSON and three-time Super Bowl champion Daryl Johnston. It is available for public viewing in the Lamar Hunt Super Bowl Gallery.
New artifacts from the United States Football League’s 2022 inaugural season are also on display. In addition to artifacts, this exhibit features an interactive exhibit expressed by Joel Klatt, FOX Sports USFL broadcast analyst. The elements are located in the interactive area.
Dedication Week powered by Johnson Controls
Induction Week 2022 powered by Johnson Controls kicks off with the Hall of Fame game between the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Las Vegas Raiders (Aug. 4.) Induction Promotion 2022 will take place on Saturday, August 6 at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, followed by the Concert for Legends, featuring Journey. Tickets are available at https://www.profootballhof.com/tickets/.