PHILADELPHIA, October 26, 2022 – As Philadelphia welcomes thousands of locals and visitors for the 2022 World Series, VISIT PHILADELPHIA® the region’s official tourism marketing agency – sharing a guide everything visitors need to know, including information on where to watch, what to wear and the best things to eat during this crazy post-season run.
The Philadelphia Phillies are taking part in the World Series for the first time since 2009, and the Fightin’ Phils are hoping to claim the third World Series championship in their franchise’s 139-year history as they take on the Houston Astros in a seven-game series beginning Friday. , October 27, 2022.
World Series Schedule
There’s no better place to watch baseball than at Citizens Bank Park, where three of the World Series games are scheduled to be played.
Games one and two are scheduled to take place in Houston on Friday, October 27 and Saturday, October 28, 2022. Games three, four and five (if necessary) will be played in South Philadelphia from Monday, October 31 through Wednesday, November 2. 2022.
The series returns to Houston for games six and seven (if necessary) on Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5, 2022.
The full program:
- Game 1: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros, Friday, October 28, 2022, 8:03 p.m.
- Game 2: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros, Saturday, October 29, 2022, 8:03 p.m.
- Game 3: Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies, Monday, October 31, 2022, 8:03 p.m.
- Game 4: Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies, Tuesday, November 1, 2022, 8:03 p.m.
- Game 5 (if necessary): Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies, Wednesday, November 2, 2022, 8:03 p.m.
- Game 6 (if necessary): Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros, Friday, November 4, 2022, 8:03 p.m.
- Game 7 (if necessary): Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros, Saturday, November 5, 2022, 8:03 p.m.
Where to watch the Phillies at a sports bar
Catch a game at one of the venues below or check out our comprehensive bar guide with game day specials and loud atmospheres:
- XFINITY live! – 1100 Pattison Avenue
- Chickie’s & Pete’s – various locations including 1526 Packer Avenue
- Garage – Garage Passyunk, 1231 E. Passyunk Avenue & Garage Fishtown, 100 E. Girard Avenue
- McGillin’s Olde Ale House – 1310 Drury Street
- craft room – 901 N Delaware Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19123
Where to Buy Phillies Gear in Philadelphia
Earn Phillies swag at the following locations in Philadelphia:
Where to buy Game-Day Grub
Here’s where to find some great Philadelphia signature dishes that make great game day meals:
- Philadelphia Pretzel Factory – various locations including 1401 W. Passyunk Avenue
- Bernie’s Pretzel Bakery – 500 E. Providence Road, Aldan
Baked goods and more
- Bakery Stock – various locations including 1523 S. 8th Street
- Collegeville Italian Bakery – 3846 Ridge Pike, Collegeville
- Di Bruno Brothers: Phils fans can also get 25% off Di Bruno Bros. signature merchandise. in store until October 31, 2022
- El Merkury – 2104 Chestnut Street & Reading Terminal Market, 1136 Arch Street
Get personalized benefits with an overnight stay
Coming to town for a game? Score more with the Visit Philadelphia Night Passthat offers free parking, a comfy bed you don’t have to make, and perks tailored to your interests.
The Visit Philadelphia Night Pass includes one or two nights’ accommodation at 36 hotels, plus free hotel parking. In addition, guests will be able to select an additional benefit:
- Historical advantage: Two tickets to the National Constitution Center and two tickets to the Museum of the American Revolution (up to a value of $179 with parking)
- Arts and culture benefit: Two tickets to the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and 10% off purchases in the museum’s gift shop (value up to $136 with parking)
- Food and Beverage Advantage: A $50 gift card redeemable at any Schulson Collective restaurant, including Alpen Rose, DK Sushi, Double Knot, Guiseppe & Sons, Harp & Crown, Independence Beer Garden, Prunella, Sampan, Samuel’s and Via Locusta (up to one $150 value with parking)
VISIT PHILADELPHIA® is our name and our mission. As the region’s official tourism marketing agency, we build the image of Greater Philadelphia, drive visitation and stimulate the economy.
From the Official Greater Philadelphia Visitors Site, visitphilly.com, visitors can discover activities to do, upcoming events, themed itineraries and hotel packages. Compelling photographs and videos, interactive maps and detailed visitor information make this site an effective trip planning tool. Visitors can also find plenty of inspiration on Visit Philly’s social media channels.
Note to editors: For high-res photos and a high-definition B-roll of Greater Philadelphia, visit the Photos and Video section of visitphilly.com/mediacenter.